|Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms||
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon finely diced celery
- 1 scallions, green part only
- 2 slices shortcut bacon, chopped
- Clean and stem mushrooms.
- Chop 5 or 6 stems and sauté stems, bell pepper, celery, and bacon in two tablespoons of butter until vegetables are soft.
- Add remaining butter and heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and mix in scallion and breadcrumbs. If mixture is too moist add in a little more breadcrumbs.
- Stuff mushrooms.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 350°F.